- The first step in sex toys is getting past whatever's kept you from using a sex toy—alone or with a partner—up until now: a mildly Puritan shame, the hassle of cleaning up, the fact that the best sex toys for men kinda look like alien appendages. Or maybe it's the misguided notion that “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” Following the Malcolm Gladwellian 10,000-hour theory, you feel like an expert in the field. A harder, stronger, and more life-affirming orgasm sounds nice, but how much room for improvement could there really be?
- A lot. The best sex toys do for masturbation what hot sauce does for a couple of perfectly over-medium eggs—take a great thing to whole new heights. Sex toys do things you and your partner can't, no matter how advanced your yogic practices. And unless you're Sting, you can't make your penis vibrate on its own. You’re also going to struggle—by virtue of the limitations of the human anatomy—to stimulate your own prostate, a.k.a. the male G-spot, while simultaneously working the front. That's where prostate massagers and vibrating butt plugs come in.
- But we're jumping ahead. Even if you're not ready to explore self-guided butt stuff, plenty of sex toys will kick-start your masturbation game from good to great to apologizing-to-the-neighbors. Some of these toys are also great to use with a partner, if lucky enough to be quarantined with a sexual partner. And if not, these endless days of social distancing are the ideal moment to get fresh, and maybe a little weird, with your self-sex. Here are the best sex toys for men out there.
Best Discreet Masturbation Sleeve: Fleshlight Quickshot
- While you're likely aware of the infamous Fleshlight, the first and most well-known masturbating sleeve, you might not know that the manufacturers came out with what they call the Quickshot. It's smaller than the original, with only 3.5 inches to insert your penis, meaning it (likely) won't cover the entire shaft. But the perks are that it's easy to store discreetly, and doesn't look like a typical Fleshlight, which isn't necessarily something you want a casual hookup to stumble on.
Best Cock Ring: Lelo Tor 2
- The LELO Tor does its job simply, and it does its job well. The vibrations are strong. It fits snuggly against the shaft of your penis, but it’s not too tight. The more bulbous top of the toy applies pressure and stimulates your partner’s clitoris. It feels good for you and everyone involved. Pro tip: If you finish first and your partner hasn’t, take the Tor and place it on your middle and ring fingers while you finger her. She’ll likely appreciate the vibrations.
The Best Affordable Masturbation Toy: Tenga Egg
- Is the Tenga Egg masturbator going to change your sex life? No. Will you use it to masturbate every single time? Absolutely not. But for less than seven dollars a egg, this super-stretchable elastomer sleeve can become one of many tools in your jerk box to switch things up when the old-fashion way starts growing stale.
Best Prostate Massager: Lelo HUGO
- While the LELO Hugo is pricey, it’s my favorite prostate massager currently on the market. You tilt the remote to control the strength and location of the vibrations. So if you tilt it to the left, the vibrations will be stronger on the left side. With the Hugo, you can pinpoint exactly where in your behind you experience the most pleasure and focus on those spots.
The Best For Both You And Her: Lovehoney Bionic Bullet
- The Bionic Bullet has a little something for both you and her. With two rings—one to wrap around the base of your penis and the other to gently grip your testicles. The result is an amazing "locked and loaded" feeling, making you ready for a harder and longer sex session. The rabbit, which connects to the ring, not only vibrates, but will also stimulate the clitoris during penetration.
Best Non-vibrating Masturbation Sleeve: TENGA Zero Flip
- When you open the TENGA flip, it looks like the insides of an alien, but that’s what makes it feel so good. There are various ridges and grooves inside the masturbation sleeve, which allow for different sensations. Few other masturbation sleeves are built like this. Most Fleshlights, for example, are simply smooth inside.
Best For Full-Body Orgasms: Fun Factory Duke Prostate Massager
- The Duke isn't a prostate massager for beginners. It has three separate components that stimulate various highly-sensitive erogenous zones. The first part extends far past your prostate hitting the deep, inner walls on your anus. The second section directly nuzzles against the prostate, and the third and final section hugs your perineum—aka the taint or grundle—that strip of skin that extends between your anus and base of your testicles. With its powerful vibrations, the Duke can cause sensory overload, but in the best way.
Best Rimming S(t)imulator: b-Vibe Rimming Plug 2
- The b-Vibe is the only butt plug on the market that simulates rimming or "analingus" using rotating beads. While it doesn't feel as pleasurable as a partner's tongue, it still feels pretty damn good, and doesn't require you to ferociously clean out beforehand. While not necessary with a partner, I highly recommend you do. It's also a simple entry for men who want to explore anal play, but aren't quite ready to shove a dildo in there yet.
Best "Real Vagina" Simulator: Mangasm Lifetime Silicone Stroker
- More than any other masturbation sleeve on the market, the Mangasm Lifetime Stroker actually feels like the inside of a vagina. In fact, it's 3D scanned from the winner of the world's most beautiful vagina contest, which, yes, is a real thing. Like a human vagina (yes, we acknowledge that's a creepy way to begin any sentence!), the Lifetime Stroker starts off tight, but after entry it slowly and naturally expands.
Best Blowjob Accessory: LoveHoney BlowYo Extreme Wave Textured Blowjob Stroker
- At first glance, the BlowYo is confusing. It'll only cover a small portion of one's penis with its stretchable silicone, and it's totally useless while masturbating. But give it a go with your partner while receiving oral and you'll find that the BlowYo can replicate the act of being deepthroated. The BlowYo covers your lower shaft, while your partner tackles the upper shaft and tip with their mouth.
Best Inexpensive Prostate Massager: Aneros Helix Prostate Stimulator
- Slightly smaller and roughly $100 cheaper than the Lelo Loki, the Helix Prostate Stimulator is a good choice for beginners. Start with this, get to know yourself, and when you're ready for an upgrade, hop to the Lelo Loki.
Best Automatic Blowjob Machine: Autoblow AI
- The Autoblow AI is the third generation of the Autoblow, and while it’s not perfect, it’s getting pretty close. While developing the Autoblow, the creators analyzed 109 hours of oral sex videos, so the 10 various blowjob settings don’t simply apply pressure at random. They’re all in the style of a different blowjob technique. The 10th and final setting uses machine-learning technology, so you never get the same blowjob twice.
Best Gift For Her That's Actually For You: Le Wand Loop
- If you don't mind sharing a sex toy with your female partner, the Le Wand Silicone Attachment is a lot of fun. Le Wand has been a favorite masturbation toy for women for the past couple of years. This silicone attachment transforms it into a masturbation sleeve. Don't buy Le Wand just to have the attachment (that would come to a whopping $200). But if you want to buy her a present that seems like a gift for her, but in actuality, is a gift for both of you, then by all means, splurge.
Best Anal Beads: BASICS Anal Beads 6.5 Inch
- More expensive doesn’t always mean better quality, and for anal beads, you really don’t need anything that special. These anal beads from the Lovehoney BASICS collection do exactly what they’re supposed to do. They feel pleasurable while inside of you, and you get that euphoric release when they “pop” out of you one by one.
Best Fleshlight: Fleshlight Pink Lady Stamina Training Unit
- While people use the terms “Fleshlight” and “masturbation sleeve’” interchangeably, Fleshlight is actually the name of the brand. But of course, Fleshlight creates some of the best masturbation sleeves out there. The idea behind the "Stamina Training Unit" is that it feels so much like an authentic vagina that it will prepare you to last longer when you’re with a real woman. We can take or leave that dubious marketing angle but in our Fleshlight tests, this one felt the best.